Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Glass and Brass

I paid a visit to my favorite old dump site this morning. The brush and mosquitoes were thick so I covered myself with Deet and dug for about an hour. Persistence paid off as I pulled 2 nice insulators - one embossed with Ame Tel & Tel Co (American Telephone & Telegraph), a Levengood's Dairy cream bottle, and a small medicine embossed with W.T. & Co USA (Whitall Tatum Co). I later found the medicine bottle to be dated between 1875 to 1901. More likely dated to early 1900, as I have dug many artifacts from this location around that time period. Later in the day I found a brass name plate with the words "Jewett Buffalo" engraved on it. I've just started researching this piece, but I believe it is from an old stove or ice box - again, from around 1900.

No comments:

Post a Comment