Thursday, July 23, 2009

Changing Wheels

On Sunday I placed an ad on Craig’s List to trade my 18 year old Trek 1100 road bike for either a mountain bike or a kayak. I haven’t ridden the 1100 much since I picked up a Trek 7.2FX Hybrid last year – it’s been hanging in the basement collecting dust, tires slowly losing air pressure. I purchased the 1100 brand new in the Spring of 1991 - I was 23 years old – It was the same year I met Susan. I’ll bet I put over 1000 miles on it in the time I owned it – did a lot of great, fast riding on that bike.










So anyway, I received a response from a gentleman in Delaware who had several mountain bikes he was willing to trade. I ended up trading for a 2007 Diamondback Response mountain bike – almost new condition – only about 20 miles on it. Still, it was a little sad handing the bike over to another person on Wednesday evening. But, my riding style has changed. No longer do I crave the speed of road riding, 40 MPH downhill runs – I’m more of a cruise and back woods trail adventurer now. So spin the wheels of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment